What are you watching?

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Its FIlm Festival season here so I get to watch lots of movies and take lots of photos walking between theatres. Just say "Shooting the Mafia" about Letizia Battaglia - an Italian photographer best known for documenting the mafia. She still carries a Pentax K1000 around with her, also spotted her with an X100, a film Leica of some kind and a variety of other beat up Pentax cameras that have literally been through the (mafia) wars. Recommended if you get a chance to see it.

phigmov

Another film-festival flick: about Martha Cooper - legendary NYC graffiti photographer from the 70/80's and still going strong today. Watching her get stopped in the street by strangers who idolise her imagery of the early graffiti & hip-hop scene was impressive. Watching her sneak into a railway yard & also a subway station with graffiti artists to shoot their work in Germany at 75 years of age was inspiring.

phigmov

My last film festival flick (22 in 12 days!): "Peter Peryer: The Art of Seeing"
Nice doco about Kiwi art photographer Peter Peryer. Fascinating to see the thought process behind his work. Be nice if more Kiwi artists got this kind of big-screen tribute - I'd never heard of Peter before. He had a good eye for B&W and looked to be into producing more work in the digital realm before he died. Seemed to enjoy the ability to shoot on a phone or pocketable camera and still get art-quality prints quickly instead of labouring in a dark-room. Reckoned technique, curation & editing were the key now that everyone had ready access to a camera and took lots of pictures.

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
This guy is awesome. I have already watched this a few times,

Always trying to learn.

I have got a wedding and a portrait shoot in a few weeks so a lot of this kind of thing.

Cool I watch Mike browne too :) A great mentor, I love him :)

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
I am re-watching "Jericho" 2006 the best series ever :)

intro.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
The Photo That Changed Everything - Mike Browne Live
I just love this man, teacher, mentor and coach.

Latest threads

Top Bottom