What Are You Reading?

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
'Termination Shock' by Neal Stephenson - pretty good! On the last 100 pages; can't help that of the intertwined storylines, one or two are little lack-lustre and the others could be expanded upon; we'll see if he can pull them together in the finale.

51798549079_c1b94ed7b8_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1040012 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

phigmov

Finished 'The Knowledge' - was 3/4 way through 6 months ago and hit a wall (& other books) so parked it. Found a couple of quiet afternoons to polish it off. Its a good read but you have to be in the right mood - I'd actually love to see a BBC documentary series on each chapter as it would make for quite an education show in terms of practically kick-starting a number of critical technologies after an apocalyptic event.

51806574261_bca82ea758_o.jpg
_PXK1654 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Real Name
Walter
I recently finished "Flying Blind" by Peter Robison, about the Boeing and the 737 MAX fiasco. Highly recommended if you're interested in the inside story of how Boeing came to that juncture. Makes me want to fly on Airbus. :-O

55994102.jpg
21535021.jpg

Am currently reading "Why We Lost" by Daniel Bolger, an inside account of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and will be starting "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir (author of The Martian).

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter
'Termination Shock' by Neal Stephenson - pretty good! On the last 100 pages; can't help that of the intertwined storylines, one or two are little lack-lustre and the others could be expanded upon; we'll see if he can pull them together in the finale.

View attachment 927719 P1040012 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr
What is the cat's opinion of the book? :)

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I'm reading the massive science fiction novel To Sleep In A Sea Of Stars by Christopher Paolini. I at least am interested enough to keep reading but will reserve judgement until I get to the presumed punchline/wrapup at the end.

phigmov

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
Tornado, by John Nichol. I've already read, Spitfire and Lancaster in the same series. Recommended..

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen
F2E5A501-5605-43AE-8083-E953B428055A.jpeg
Christmas gift. Mr Draper was my photography instructor many years ago in the community college. I had no idea of his past. He rarely spoke of it.

phigmov

Latest threads

Top Bottom