What are you Drinking ... Right Now ... ?

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Flying Goat Pinot Noir from the Wine Ghetto.

(This stuff is so wonderfully good that I decided to start this thread.)

Gary

alans

Mu-43 Veteran
Metropolitan Iron Works Alt, a Chicago lager (and my last one)

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Amin, a man after my own heart. I have a barrel with my name on it aging in a Loretto, KY barn as we speak. The distillery tour is a GREAT tour.

But right now I'm drinking Gary Ayala's recipe for a margarita.....the mix is for grandmas...thanks for the tip Gary!

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Amin, a man after my own heart. I have a barrel with my name on it aging in a Loretto, KY barn as we speak. The distillery tour is a GREAT tour.

But right now I'm drinking Gary Ayala's recipe for a margarita.....the mix is for grandmas...thanks for the tip Gary!

What Three, Two, One is for grandma's and Nuns???? No way. I hope it is over rocks and not the anglo version of slushy. lol

G

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Where is this potion produced and what is the price range? :smile:

The Santa Ynez Mountains (east of Paso Robles which is east of Santa Barbara). I around $40 a bottle ... still swilling this stuff with a homemade artichoke. I love California. The Wine Ghetto is in Lompoc, CA.

Gary

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Gary, after you sent me the recipe I made up a gallon jug and put it in the fridge. I don't have the recipe in front of me, but the ratio sounds right.

Do yourself a favor and pick up the Maker's. I enjoy it best on the rocks with a pinch of branch water in it. If you're not sure what that means, our it on the rocks and give it 15 minutes to melt down a touch. Most bourbon afficianados agree that a few drops of water re;eases the bouquet and makes the drink simultaneously more mellow and more alive.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Typically, I drink my whiskey neat (single malt Scotch ... but wine is just so much more refined than hard stuff ... much like our winters. You're just bitter because the Dodgers have the best record in all of baseball. Go Blue! lol)

Gary

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
I'm drinking in the collective wisdom of the mu-43.com group.

But this thread has made me thirsty... so I'm off.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
I went through the single malt phase. It's for faux sophisticates that like to describe all the different flavors:eek:.

Seriously to me the good single malts are way too expensive. You can buy some really great small batch bourbons for around $30-$40 a bottle. The single malt snobs leave that kind of change as a tip to the towel boy in the men's room. Horses for courses and all that, of course. And your Dodgers are so good this year, I can't even argue with you....go Blue!

Latest threads

Top Bottom