Watch Photo Thread

soundfanz

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chris
Olympus EM-1 and Olympus OM Zuiko MC 50mm 3.5 Auto Macro

Lum Tec 400M-1 (1 of 1).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lum Tec 400M-1 - 2 (1 of 1).jpg

barry

Super Moderator
Another attempt:
EA164175 - Tag Heuer watch.jpg

Real Name
Andrew L
Found this thread to post a photo of my first decent watch! Never was a wristwatch person when I was younger, but I did get a Diesel smartwatch that looks good and it slowly turned me into someone who can appreciate having a nice timepiece. Not that I have a lot of disposable income to add this expensive hobby to the stable, but this was a nice way to start out slow.

R0001529.JPG

Last edited:

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
06 07 25 S45 009.jpg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow

Highlander

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard Correale
Seiko SBBN031 Tuna Marinemaster

4-B56-F6-E5-95-E6-4-AAC-8912-88-ABDAC225-A3.jpg

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm an eminently practical person. I try & keep things minimalist, simple, uncomplicated & uncluttered. If something doesn't serve a purpose, out it goes :) Life is much simpler that way.
Anyway, this is my favorite watch I've owned, by far. It's a TomTom GPS activity watch. Brilliant little thing. Very understated, minimalist design. It has an alarm in it. Stopwatch. USB rechargeable battery. I never have to adjust the time, or date, because it synchronizes with the satellites, whatever country you're in, wherever you are in the world. That big squarish button is a 4 way controller. Which also houses the GPS receiver. It allows you to navigate through the beautifully simply designed, & laid out menus with ease, in the dark, with wet, dirty fingers. You touch the screen with 2 fingers to turn the backlight on. It's waterproof, you can go swimming with it, it records your track. I bought it specifically for mountain biking, but wear it all the time. It can display user selectable items such as speed, total distance travelled, average speed, average pace, time, total time travelled, lap times, and things I've forgotten. When you get home, it will tell you highest elevation, total ascent, maximum speed and more. Love it. You could give me a 20K Rolex, & I'd still prefer this by a mile :) View attachment 609778

Well, my TomTom watch let me down. About 18 months in, the battery went to Jesus. There is no replacement service available. Basically "just buy a new watch" I find that offensive, disappointing and incredibly wasteful for an otherwise perfectly good watch. No wonder the planet is filling up with rubbish. I may try & track down an aftermarket battery at some stage, but in the meantime, I bought this. Made a little mistake, as I thought it was a G-Shock, but for $40 Au delivered I'm not complaining. Accuracy is +/- 15 seconds a month, which so far it looks like it will be well within that, it's lightweight, waterproof, 3 year battery life (& replaceable) 2 year warranty & has luminous hands. So far it's excellent.
Casio.jpg

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy
Olive Green G-Shock Tide Watch

My daily driver for work...

P5230210.jpeg

phigmov

Dipping my toes back into digital. Last one I had was almost 30 years ago and I lost it at school. Picked up the same brand but definitely more modern - a basic Casio G-Shock 5600. Pros - I like the simple styling, white on black display, bumpers, comes with a strap so I can switch to a Zulu at some point. Cons - the supplied hardware on the strap is plastic which is a little lame.

nZzy9FFpqaRRyjdXquCwZRvkvwHS86kPCmE93FBWNsac=w1882.jpg

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Dipping my toes back into digital. Last one I had was almost 30 years ago and I lost it at school. Picked up the same brand but definitely more modern - a basic Casio G-Shock 5600. Pros - I like the simple styling, white on black display, bumpers, comes with a strap so I can switch to a Zulu at some point. Cons - the supplied hardware on the strap is plastic which is a little lame.

View attachment 798478

Loving my little Casio. Been just over a month of usage, & it's lost a whole 5 seconds. I think that's extraordinary -accurate within a minute a YEAR :eek-31::eek-31:

phigmov

Loving my little Casio. Been just over a month of usage, & it's lost a whole 5 seconds. I think that's extraordinary -accurate within a minute a YEAR :eek-31::eek-31:

Yes - revelling in not having to set day/date/time on my mechanical automatics - most of those are on the old side and accuracy isn't their strong point (although punctuality doesn't seem to be so important as it once was and I can't kick the habit of setting my time a few minutes fast to avoid being late). I'll have to see about a solar version at some stage as the battery only seems to last 3yrs on this model. I'm also surprised Casio don't take a hint and go for a minimalist/sterile face and ditch the writing/branding... although I do see they make an all metal version now which is a bit of a nod to style over practicality.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well, my TomTom watch let me down. About 18 months in, the battery went to Jesus. There is no replacement service available. Basically "just buy a new watch" I find that offensive, disappointing and incredibly wasteful for an otherwise perfectly good watch. No wonder the planet is filling up with rubbish. I may try & track down an aftermarket battery at some stage, but in the meantime, I bought this. Made a little mistake, as I thought it was a G-Shock, but for $40 Au delivered I'm not complaining. Accuracy is +/- 15 seconds a month, which so far it looks like it will be well within that, it's lightweight, waterproof, 3 year battery life (& replaceable) 2 year warranty & has luminous hands. So far it's excellent. View attachment 793061
Well, 3 months in, and the accuracy of the watch so far has astounded me. It's lost a whole 9 seconds in that period. Astonishing. And I wear it everywhere. Work, bike riding, sleeping, the lot, so it doesn't get an easy, sheltered life.

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Veteran
Macro work. Rolex Submariner Ref 116040 that I was gifted for hitting my 150th dive sometime last year. EM5ii, 60mm macro @ ƒ/2.8, 40s, ISO800

47462369741_aa4f71b773_b.jpg

Also see it in action! It has about 32 dives on it so far. EM5ii, 12-40mm Pro @ 25mm, ƒ/2.8, 1/160, ISO400

Real Name
Andrew L
Anyone own a Vostok watch? I've been checking out their Amphibian dive watches, developed for the Soviets, and I think I've been bitten by the slightly janky, super vintage Russian dive watch bug. Might have to get one (they seem quite photographable).

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Is it just me or is watch photography surprisingly hard? It's a small easily posed static object and yet.. getting the detail, the focus, the background, the exposure, let alone getting all the blinking dust off the thing. I find this difficult.

It doesn't help that Reza is making it look so easy.

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Not the worlds most expensive, but one I like wearing a lot
15020032.JPG

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Here's one with huge sentimental value
15030038.JPG
15030040.JPG

It was presented to my Grandfather before he left Glasgow to come and live with us in Australia in 1964. We had emigrated earlier in 1963.

Latest threads

Top Bottom