C&C Too much?

Snowonuluru

Mu-43 All-Pro
To me, nature is full of weird and wonderful things. Many sorts of colors and effects do occur in nature. One person's view of what is natural may be limited by his/her own experience. And if you create an image that is within an "average" range of perception, how will it stand out?

Also, it depends on what reaction you want. For example, if you want to show how stuffed the atmosphere is due to us polluting everything, you may want to accentuate the toxic sulphurous air that covers some parts of the world. Me think, yellowish (or any color) is fine.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
To me, nature is full of weird and wonderful things. Many sorts of colors and effects do occur in nature. One person's view of what is natural may be limited by his/her own experience. And if you create an image that is within an "average" range of perception, how will it stand out?

Also, it depends on what reaction you want. For example, if you want to show how stuffed the atmosphere is due to us polluting everything, you may want to accentuate the toxic sulphurous air that covers some parts of the world. Me think, yellowish (or any color) is fine.
I agree it's fine - if intended.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
I like the land included, and while the warmth works for the bottom of the clouds, it may be a little too warm for my personal taste on the land itself.

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
I really appreciate everyone's input. It has helped me form a plan on what I can do.

As within anything creative, it's good to let things sit a few days and come back to them. I am going to do that. Come back with fresh eyes in a few days and see what I can bring out of the image.

Last edited:

travelbug

Mu-43 Veteran
those clouds look very miyazaki indeed.
if thats your inspiration then i think the hues are fine. you may want to add a bit of orton to give them a more dreamy look too.
i dont find that the land adds anything to the composition, really. and just the clouds alone would convey a stronger image and story for me. especially if you are going for that miyazaki feel.
good luck.

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
I finally came back to this image. It took me awhile.

I ended up changing the crop just slightly and brought back the color to something more natural. I am pleased with this edit. I'm not sure it is perfect, but I think it captures the scene well.

View attachment 787035

Not that it means that much, but the final edit was picked up in Flickr Explore. It is now in my top three in views and Faves. Maybe I did it justice.

Latest threads

Top Bottom