Random/Selling on craigslist head shaker

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Actually I've had my best M43 sales through CL. Here in LA, most M43 users are video guys who either shoot with Panasonic or Blackmagic Pocket cameras. Most are willing to pay asking price since they need a lens for an upcoming project! :D

Last edited:

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
We don't have CL in France but Leboncoin which works on the same basis. When I sell, I factor a 10% rebate in my price, so that I can look to be the nice guy if asked, but it's only on a basis of local pickup, cash payment, in a public place. No exception. When I buy, I offer the price I honestly believe to be correct when the listing looks overpriced, sometime it works, sometime not, but again I resist the temptation to be victim of my desires(*). If the price finally asked is still over my assessment, I pass. And I make clear I expect the original invoice to be included.
Just once I had someone show up and try to haggle on the price I wanted. I said, fine, wish you good luck and turned away. He gave in and paid the agreed price.
I never, ever, ship. Every sale is final, no warranty, no going back and I don't expect to get one when I buy. So I take my sweet time to test all aspects of the item I'm buying before giving the money.
M.

(*) for instance once I saw a bundle camera, lens, flash. I had no interest neither in the camera nor in the lens, but I was looking for that flash model, so I made an offer and the seller agreed to split his kit.

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I swear the favorite "tactic" of buyers is to show up and pull "I know you said $100 but I only have $60".
Just for the self-entertainment value, if you are selling a lens or a camera, bring along a cheap crappy version of whatever you are selling. Then when they pull the "I only have $60 crap" pull out the chear lens or camera and say "that's ok, I only have this lens/camera".

WT21

Super Moderator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just for the self-entertainment value, if you are selling a lens or a camera, bring along a cheap crappy version of whatever you are selling. Then when they pull the "I only have $60 crap" pull out the chear lens or camera and say "that's ok, I only have this lens/camera".
That is just brilliant!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom