Quick question on Oly extended warranty

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
It has been a while since I purchased an extended warranty (refurbished E-M1 back in 2013) and I just purchased one for my refurbished E-MI1 Mk II. I finally received my card from FedEx yesterday after about 10 days or so of travel time. For some reason, I thought that when you received the card that you were supposed to register it to the camera. But, the card just sates that you should hold on to it until you need service. I just wanted to confirm that the latter is correct.

Thanks,

--Ken

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
It has been a while since I purchased an extended warranty (refurbished E-M1 back in 2013) and I just purchased one for my refurbished E-MI1 Mk II. I finally received my card from FedEx yesterday after about 10 days or so of travel time. For some reason, I thought that when you received the card that you were supposed to register it to the camera. But, the card just sates that you should hold on to it until you need service. I just wanted to confirm that the latter is correct.

Thanks,

--Ken
That is what I have done in the past, just use it when it is needed. I think you could buy 2 cameras, and as long as the warranty was purchased after the last camera was, it would be valid for either camera, assuming that it was less than a year after the camera was purchased.

Latest threads

Top Bottom