Picked my Z50 up today

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Thanks i will do, at the moment its not a complete m4/3 replacement but i have sold my Olympus.
What lens do you intend to use for birding with it ? I have no knowledge about nikon gear, do they have a crop sensor lens that will to the same as a FF 600 or 800?

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
Having to spot subjects while standing under the balcony to keep out of the rain.

DSC_0049.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
Alright. Let us know! Any other lenses on your radar? 300mm PF + 1.4/1.7 TC (and ftz) + Z50 could be a solid, small bodied, very high IQ combination.

Other lenses depends on how well it does, i bought it for a general walk or in my case ride around kit, if it looks like it will cope with a bit of BIF then the Sigma 100-400 or the 300MM PF and TC.
If not then it will stay as it is and i will use the G80 and 100-400.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
Even though we have switched to Olympus from Nikon, we still have a D2X (love the old buddy) and D750 cameras. We still have several Nikon lenses and I almost bit on the trade-in for the Z6. Trade-in value + trade-in bonus and a free Nikon lens adapter which would have brought the purchase price to $1195. I resisted but have had tremors of regret. I loved my Nikons but they got to heavy for me to lug around after I broke my dominant wrist. The Z50 has some interest and I might bite if Nikon sweetens the pot.

Danny.

Just me
Real Name
Danny
PF 500 F/5.6 or no deal ;) = 750mm. With APS-C I still use 500mm Mike.

For the cost of the Z50, I can't blame you at all, very nice.

Danny.

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
Had my first short session today, still have to bond with it but it shows promise

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
Nice nice NICE !! Great to see and good on you.

Danny.

Many thanks, one problem was the lens isnt long enough for the Kingfisher that turned up

DSC_0121.jpg

Ken C

Old Grandpa
Real Name
Ken
Many thanks, one problem was the lens isnt long enough for the Kingfisher that turned up

View attachment 784961
Mike been watching your BIF for years. I'm an Oly guy who switched over to Nikon because Oly just didn't cut it with BIF. I bought a d500 and its a winner. I also own a z6 and was disappointed with it AF-C-----to be honest the tracking on the z series sucks. Its a great cam except for the shoddy AF system. It has great image quality, light weight, handles nicely,super sharp image with my 24-70 f/4, can use old glass with adapter------but for BIF ----UGGGGGGGGGG. Jus my opinion!!!
Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom