Photo of a black hole

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If someone want to take similar image with E-M1II (or any MFT 20 MPix) camera then he/she needs lens with focal length 75 000 000 mm (75 kilometers!).

ibd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If someone want to take similar image with E-M1II (or any MFT 20 MPix) camera then he/she needs lens with focal length 75 000 000 mm (75 kilometers!).
At least :mu43:'s crop factor is going to help you with that! I'm sure Panasonic has a portable and not too slow lens already in the works.

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
The event horizon is 24.9 billion miles across. That is 1.5 light days people. Huge!
Did you see XKCD's explanation of that distance? Amazing!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy
It's funny, when I first saw this thread title pop up in the recent thread column, there was a fair bit of trepidation before I finally clicked on it...

But...

The more I look at that "image" the more I feel like somebody is playing a bad joke with an old Sony Mavica, questionable subject matter and bad lighting...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom