Panasonic G9 with $150 gift card at Samy's Camera for $997. Includes some free stuff too

Darmok N Jalad

Mu-43 Veteran
I had the G85, and had it had 20MP like the G95, I don't think I would have moved on to the G9. The G85/95 body is really pretty nice. Weatherproofing, light, quality feel to the build, ergonomic. I probably would have purchased the G95 had it been body only, but as it was, the G9 was the same price as the G95!

What I suspect is the G95 is not seeing a price drop because there is probably a lot of G85's still out there for sale. A price drop on the 95 would probably mean a drop for the 85 as well, and maybe both are hitting sales targets at their current pricing. The GX85 is already at bargain prices right now--$450 for the body and 2 lenses, and there's even a similar deal for the G7. I guess the G9 price should just be taken for the bargain that it is right now, and I suspect it will rebound to $1200 before too long.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom