Let's Hear Your Favorite Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Andreea Mutneanu out-Axling Axl Rose. Sergiu Teclici is, IMO, more successful than Izzy with rhythm too. There's quite a bit of harmony here that GNR didn't put in as well.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Big fan of both of these bands but the cover & original arguably appeared on albums post-peak for both artists. Still, they're both fine examples of early '90s alt-rock...

The cover of 'Head On' by the Pixies appeared on 'Trompe Le Monde'

The original by the Jesus and Mary Chain from 'Automatic'

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
This one is more of a deconstruction, I'd heard of the band doing the cover before but could never find their albums in the 90's. However, after stumbling upon the cover while perusing a bunch of the original artists videos I managed to find their catalogue over at bandcamp.

So, heres 'Our lips are sealed' covered by Fuxa (an electronic/ambient band that is usually instrumental only)

And the well known original by the Go Go's

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'd forgotten how many Carpenters songs had seeped their way into my brain via AM radio in the 70's, the covers album "Wish I Were a Carpenter" gave me an opportunity to reconnect.

First - Shonen Knife with a joyous take on 'Top of the World'

The original

Second - Redd Kross with another upbeat take on a fairly down-beat song 'Yesterday Once More'

And the original

Karens voice is impossible to beat but the covers give new life & hopefully a new audience to the originals.

(Cute Band Trivia - Shonen Knife have a song called 'Red Kross' and Red Kross have a song called 'Shonen Knife')

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom