Glacier National Park, September 2019

ArcticaMT6

Mu-43 Veteran
Changing up a bit from my typical underwater work that I post here, I figured I would post up photos that I took during my most recent trip to Glacier National Park in Montana, USA. This trip solidified Glacier as our current favorite National park in the US. We based ourselves out of the Apgar Village area in the west side of the park, renting a small 1 room cabin. We only were able to spend 2 days on the Going to the Sun Road, unfortunately due to them closing the road for repaving during our time there. Completely bluebird cloudless skies were something I was trying to avoid since they don't make for good photos, and I lucked out with some nice formations over the week. Unfortunately, there were a couple days of overcast and pouring rain, but overall the weather was what I had hoped for. Below are my favorites from the 9 days we were there.

Hidden Lake, from a bit past the overlook. Wasn't able to go all the way down since I was on a time limit from the wife, but the view is better if you go another 1/4 down the trail. It was cold and blowing hard up there, knocking over my tripod a few times (luckily without the camera attached). Panasonic 7-14mm
5HBQFOo.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View from one of the overlooks on Going to the Sun Road, west side of Logan Pass. Panasonic 20mm
WbmKZ6x.jpg

One of the overlooks just east of Logan Pass, I believe it was Lunch Creek. Panasonic 20mm
PfmBnRd.jpg

Sunset at Lake McDonald. This was a panorama done with the 45mm 1.8. The full file is around 51MB. It needs a bit of cleaning up in the water and then will be printed.
gdFbArl.jpg

Moonrise over Lake McDonald. Moon is rising to camera right. Olympus 8mm fisheye.

PA7T8DP.jpg

The weather and moon didn't allow for much astrophotography, but I was able to get the milky way in a couple shots at least. Olympus 8mm Fisheye
d3XTbS3.jpg

One of the days I went kayaking up in Bowman Lake, which is in the North Fork area of the park. Much more remote, and I lucked out with great weather and ended up being the only person on the lake. Panasonic 7-14mm
kUfF6Jl.jpg

If you squint, you can see someone else in the kayak in this photo, also at Bowman Lake. Panasonic 7-14mm

BqHtFze.jpg

More photos in another comment below.

ArcticaMT6

Mu-43 Veteran
Avalanche Lake. Panasonic 20mm
03hJnSF.jpg

Panasonic 7-14mm
ekVk4vp.jpg

The approach to Iceberg Lake. Low hanging clouds stayed over the lake during the entire day, even when the rest of the trail was fairly clear. Panasonic 7-14mm
DIJueKp.jpg

Just a peak at Iceberg Lake and it's brilliant blue color. Panasonic 7-14mm
4Ko5D8q.jpg

A look towards Logan Pass on the backside of one of the mountains, you can see a snow storm. Panasonic 45mm
iqdkiXv.jpg

Storm clouds over Lake McDonald at sunset
1kuQ1W8.jpg

Not good photographically, but at least proof that I found a bull moose while I was there. Olympus 40-150mm
oVERF2o.jpg

jederick

Mu-43 All-Pro
Spent the last two days in Arches N.P., today with a tour guide. Been here several times but saw many new sites with him and enjoyed my first real time here with snow.
P1019150 (2).JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom