GetOlympus Reconditioned 20% off with coupon "CyberSavings"

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Kinda regretting that I did not get the 40-150/2.8.
The extra 50mm (50% more reach) and the extra stop of speed over the 12-100/4, has been tempting me for a long time.​
But my wallet is glad I missed it.

Sorry but kind of irrelevant for me since I did score the Pen F.
My comment was in response to your comment "I guess the real question is do I grab a cheap E-M10.2 or .3 as a smaller/lighter option for my E-M1.2 or wait and see if eBay does there 15-20% deals again this year. Probably going to check out with the 17mm in either case. " which was likely before you scored the F. So it was relevant when I posted my comment. Perhaps go back and read what you posted before making such comments.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
... which was likely before you scored the F. So it was relevant when I posted my comment. Perhaps go back and read what you posted before making such comments.
Actually you quoted my post at 9:18pm, the post you quoted was from 10:20am. You missed my 11:58am post where I said SCORE and my 6:13pm post where I noted the items I ordered had all shipped.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I literally cannot find anything that I want or need to buy from Oly anymore. It's not their fault. I'm not going to buy the E-M1X nor the 17 and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses. But I have all the PRO zooms and the 25mm f/1.2. I also have all of their smaller f/1.8 primes and a few of their mainstream zooms like the 12-200, 14-150, 70-300 and 9-18.

As for bodies, I have the E-M1 Mark I and II, and two Pen-F's (black and silver). I think I'm set. I'm not interested in any of the E-M10's and I won't buy an E-M5 Mark III until prices come WAY down.

I love my Oly gear and am quite satisfied for now. It's nice to not feel GAS anymore when these sales pop up. :)

Last edited:

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I literally cannot find anything that I want or need to buy from Oly anymore. It's not their fault. I'm not going to buy the E-M1X nor the 17 and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses. But I have all the PRO zooms and the 25mm f/1.2. I also have all of their smaller f/1.8 primes.

As for bodies, I have the E-M1 Mark I and II, and two Pen-F's (black and silver). I think I'm set. I'm not interested in any of the E-M10's and I won't buy an E-M5 Mark III until prices come WAY down.

I love my Oly gear and am quite satisfied for now. It's nice to not feel GAS anymore when these sales pop up. :)
The 17mm f/1.2 is the only Pro prime that's tempted me, just can't justify it. I have the PL25 so I'm sitting in between the two Oly primes there. I had an Oly 25mm f/1.8 in the cart at one point as a smaller and lighter option for the Pen. But it sold out before I had decided.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
The 17mm f/1.2 is the only Pro prime that's tempted me, just can't justify it. I have the PL25 so I'm sitting in between the two Oly primes there. I had an Oly 25mm f/1.8 in the cart at one point as a smaller and lighter option for the Pen. But it sold out before I had decided.
I agree about the 17mm f/1.2. While it would be great in low light, I'm not sure I need that shallow a depth of field at that focal length. I'd buy the 45mm first but I have other options for portraits.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I agree about the 17mm f/1.2. While it would be great in low light, I'm not sure I need that shallow a depth of field at that focal length. I'd buy the 45mm first but I have other options for portraits.
I have the sigma 56 for portraits, there splitting both the f & mm.

The 17mm actually interests me more because of the image quality and not speed, weather sealing for a street prime would also be a plus. Maybe we'll see some other new primes next year that we can hope will be on sale next year at this time.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
That was a nice sale on Monday. I passed up an opportunity to get a refurb 12-100 f/4. As tempting as that was, I've been happy with my cheap 12-60 and 40-150 R kit combo (which at full retail aren't much cheaper - thankfully, I paid half that).

Sadly, today I found a blurry photo taken with with my E-M1 II and the 40-150 R at f/5.6 and 1/10s. I can't help thinking that maybe with the 12-100 at f/4 and 1/20s and super-duper dual IS that shot would be guaranteed sharp. :( Oh, well. I guess I'll have to work on my technique a little more and chimp once in a while. :rofl: I'll get by!

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
That was a nice sale on Monday. I passed up an opportunity to get a refurb 12-100 f/4. As tempting as that was, I've been happy with my cheap 12-60 and 40-150 R kit combo (which at full retail aren't much cheaper - thankfully, I paid half that).

Sadly, today I found a blurry photo taken with with my E-M1 II and the 40-150 R at f/5.6 and 1/10s. I can't help thinking that maybe with the 12-100 at f/4 and 1/20s and super-duper dual IS that shot would be guaranteed sharp. :( Oh, well. I guess I'll have to work on my technique a little more and chimp once in a while. :rofl: I'll get by!
It would, hand held 1 second.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom