For Canadian Buyers

bremner

Mu-43 Regular
Yea, a whopping $5 off the MSRP! Be still, my heart!

Agreed, not a spectacular sale. Looks like a bunch of junk, like wide converters and cables, that have been sitting around in shop-worn boxes for years, that they should be clearing out for 50¢ on the dollar.
Maybe so, but thanks for posting it anyway. We have to keep the dream of decent deals for Canadians alive ;)

gingergirl

Mu-43 Regular
E-M1 mark ii on the way so selling my E-M1, posted in Buy&Sell for $600 Canadian if anyone is interested.

Vheissu

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Joshua
Anyone have recommendations for canadian online photo printing services?

Giiba

Something to someone somewhere
Anyone have recommendations for canadian online photo printing services?
London Drugs, for most standard things. They use quality paper and inks so your prints last. Good prices for small to medium (11x17" ish) prints.

InkDoodle for canvas. I have some 30x60" prints done by them that look terrific, and a wall filled of 16x20" prints. Haven't tried any of the other mediums they offer. If you keep and eye out for sales and Groupon offers the prices can be half of what London Drugs will do for large prints.

Winnipeg Tony

New to Mu-43
Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.

I just want to bring to your attention a Kijiji ad that I had posted for my E-M1 mark ii and 12-40mm f2.8 PRO: Olympus OM-D E-M1 mark II and M. Zuiko PRO 12-40mm f2.8 | Cameras & Camcorders | Winnipeg | Kijiji. I reside in Winnipeg but will accept paypal and will ship anyway in Canada or US for free (at asking price). A quick recap of the prices: EM1.2 = $1699, 12-40mm 2.8 PRO = $699, both = $2199.

With business out of the way, I will provide some background on myself. Savvy members will notice that I am a new member, and naturally wonder about my credibility. First off, I had purchased something from a member here, so I had contacted him to vouch for me. Secondly, if you contact me via Kijiji, I will provide my phone number so you can speak with me in person.

Hopefully this can provide you with some assurance. Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited:

JNB

Mu-43 Veteran
Tenba on sale at Vistek.ca. Some excellent deals on particular items and particular colours. Tenba BYOB flatpack bundles are highly discounted (example: the 13 bundle is $49 CAD, $81 off regular price). Some DNA bags in OLIVE or COOPER colours are 50% (or more) off regular price. Example: Graphite DNA 11 – save $30. Olive DNA 11 – save $110.

tenba Camera Bags and Cases Bags & Cases Tenba Mediastore

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
Tenba on sale at Vistek.ca. Some excellent deals on particular items and particular colours. Tenba BYOB flatpack bundles are highly discounted (example: the 13 bundle is $49 CAD, $81 off regular price). Some DNA bags in OLIVE or COOPER colours are 50% (or more) off regular price. Example: Graphite DNA 11 – save $30. Olive DNA 11 – save $110.

tenba Camera Bags and Cases Bags & Cases Tenba Mediastore

Everything except the lens bags AFAICT. Bummer, would have bought some lens cases.

ouldsmobile

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kevin
Was browsing the Canadian Olympus store in hopes of using the 20.19% off Coupon Code(NEWYEAR is the code.) And came across their Pro Lens Barrel Cases. Both sizes are marked at $9.99(+20.19% off of that, so about $8 each.) Whereas the US store has them priced at $24.99 and $19.99 so not sure if it is a pricing error on the Canadian side. I ordered a couple along with a few other things while the code was still active. Good chance to buy OEM batteries at a discount too as I rarely see them on sale in Canada.

Links to the cases:

Large - Barrel Style Lens Case Large PRO for m.Zuiko Digital Lenses | Olympus

Standard - Barrel Style Lens Case Standard PRO for m.Zuiko Digital Lenses | Olympus

Thought they would come in handy when travelling and I don't necessarily want to take a "camera" bag with me.

ouldsmobile

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kevin
I received the Olympus lens cases today. Quick shipping by Purolator. I took some pics in case anyone is still thinking about ordering these. Quick review, they appear to be very well made for the cost. They will be great for travelling when I don't want to take a dedicated photo bag. Also will be great for just storing the lenses when not in use. They are rigid, I can't squeeze it too much using my hands. The liner is nice and soft to the touch, they both include spacers which can be removed to allow larger lenses to fit. For example, the smaller case fits the 12-40 PRO perfectly with the spacers installed. The large one fits the 40-150 PRO perfectly with the spacers installed and fits the 300 PRO perfectly with them removed. For about $8 each, it seems like a no brainer to me. :)

If anyone has any other questions, fire away. Coupon expires tomorrow!

Pics:

1. Both cases with the 12-40mm for scale
graqlo0niAuS8TsNtrFSBebPtGjN-h3BTw8bbPW_5ZPBqpAVX756miOcHxL7DB7wQe8KAVlHpQiNmj_5Dg=w921-h1227-no.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Large case showing top "spacer" installed. With 40-150 underneath.
Nv2lOIMxoZn_rlbPbm-Z9OBIkTBzOl6y2D6zOkMnpB7YTyPEGNT5eYfeWJUiCnMzS_9NpGNbgl9ixlb0Cg=w921-h1227-no.jpg

3. Interior shot with 40-150 installed. Tripod foot fits as well(it was something I wondered when I ordered)

Gh3Id3VMNITOj_fR_ANEArNMWM95g6e4Uoj5aOa1eT_1N9Jsc2AfqPObZHNJRU9o7N0AA_H3QKZg-gkBrA=w921-h1227-no.jpg

billca

Mu-43 Veteran
I received the Olympus lens cases today. Quick shipping by Purolator. I took some pics in case anyone is still thinking about ordering these. Quick review, they appear to be very well made for the cost. They will be great for travelling when I don't want to take a dedicated photo bag. Also will be great for just storing the lenses when not in use. They are rigid, I can't squeeze it too much using my hands. The liner is nice and soft to the touch, they both include spacers which can be removed to allow larger lenses to fit. For example, the smaller case fits the 12-40 PRO perfectly with the spacers installed. The large one fits the 40-150 PRO perfectly with the spacers installed and fits the 300 PRO perfectly with them removed. For about $8 each, it seems like a no brainer to me. :)

If anyone has any other questions, fire away. Coupon expires tomorrow!

Pics:

1. Both cases with the 12-40mm for scale
View attachment 712003

View attachment 712005

Is the shorter case in the picture the one listed as small on the website.
I ordered a MMF-3 yesterday and shipping was around $12, so I bought the small case for $8. That got me above $150 and into free shipping.

Edit: Found the answer the one in the picture is the standard. Good, it looked a little larger than I wanted.

Last edited:

ouldsmobile

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kevin
Is the shorter case in the picture the one listed as small on the website.
I ordered a MMF-3 yesterday and shipping was around $12, so I bought the small case for $8. That got me above $150 and into free shipping.

Edit: Found the answer the one in the picture is the standard. Good, it looked a little larger than I wanted.

Glad you figured it out, for some reason the forum isn't notifying me when quoted any more, pretty sure it used to. I will need to check my site settings I guess.

I did the same as you, bought a few things so shipping was free. For the $12 if you're under $150 though, at least they use Purolator which came very quickly.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
It's a testament to the bargain desert that this thread has been up for 2 years and only has 4 pages.

I still regularly check out my local retailers (Downtown Camera and Henry's) hoping that they might have a good deal. But alas, it's still always cheaper (often substantially) to just buy from B&H, even with the currency conversion. Of course, then I don't get the warranty, but I've never bought an extended warranty in my life, so a basic 1-year warranty on a $500-1000 product isn't worth $100-200 to me...

Latest threads

Top Bottom