For Canadian Buyers

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
@MichaelSewell ... thought I better double check before getting too excited about this... that is a Swiss Arca mount on top isn't it? My other two larger tripods are both Swiss Arca and I like that a lot better than the screwy things of yesteryear

Yes, it is.

EM13028-copy-683x1024.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
So those on Ali at $57US should work out at less than $80CAN.

A little better than the ebay priced item, although you may have to spring for the import duty.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So those on Ali at $57US should work out at less than $80CAN.

A little better than the ebay priced item, although you may have to spring for the import duty.
Yup... landed cost will probably be about $100 or slightly less if all goes well... lots of options for sure...

I'm also just checking several online shops in Porto, Portugal as well... the 30 - 60 day delivery time quoted at some of the ebay and AliExpress shops is a bit of bother!

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
... the 30 - 60 day delivery time quoted at some of the ebay and AliExpress shops is a bit of bother!

I've found previously that the quoted shipping time tends to be overstated. I think it's to give them wriggle room and avoid negative feedback.
I've often found that 30 days shipping can actually be as quick as 14 days, or 21 days.
Occasionally of course, it can be 30 days. But only if you are absolutely desperate for quick delivery.

Last edited:

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
A big FYI for Canadians thinking of ordering items from China. Canada Post is now inspecting all packages from China, looking for fentanyl. Items that used to arrive in a few weeks from China are now taking months to arrive, if they arrive at all (I"m still waiting for a couple of small items I ordered in November and December). I'm not sure how the fentanyl crackdown affects other shipping methods like FedEx and DHL, but at this point I've given up on ordering anything directly from China.

Sodabiscuit12345

Mu-43 Regular
Not sure if this is the right place to list this, but I have a GH3 for sale:

"Here is the description I have: Panasonic GH3 in very good condition. Comes with one Watson battery. Shutter count of 3842, power up approximately 1600, Flash 792."

I bought it to use as a 2nd camera for my wedding videos, but it's going to be used as a static camera and thought it would be a good fit with my gh4 because of the lenses and batteries. But the more I thought of it, I would rather use a G7 as a back up because then I could shoot 4K, and do some zooms/pans in post because my final products are always in HD not 4K.

Anyways, long story short, if you're interested, I'd do it for $460 shipped. I'll leave this ad up for 3 days then it's off to ebay.

bf05aacfc93e4c0fb94ad90aa0760c60.jpg

d56b7836a1e64af488aab9f694928d77.jpg

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
I've found previously that the quoted shipping time tends to be overstated. I think it's to give them wriggle room and avoid negative feedback. I've often found that 30 days shipping can actually be as quick as 14 days, or 21 days.
Things are different now in Canada.

We have a fentanyl crisis, killing hundreds of people a year in the bigger cities. Most of it appears to be sent through the mail from China.

I've been told that postal imports are receiving lots of extra scrutiny these days. I currently have a half-dozen eBay China orders that are overdue.

Things that I've received on-time are typically flat and easily x-rayed, such as filter step-up rings. Things that are held up are bulkier, with complex shapes that could hide things inside, like the OM —> µ4/3rds adapters that I've been waiting on.

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell

We have a fentanyl crisis, killing hundreds of people a year in the bigger cities. Most of it appears to be sent through the mail from China.

I've been told that postal imports are receiving lots of extra scrutiny these days. I currently have a half-dozen eBay China orders that are overdue.

Things that I've received on-time are typically flat and easily x-rayed, such as filter step-up rings. Things that are held up are bulkier, with complex shapes that could hide things inside, like the OM —> µ4/3rds adapters that I've been waiting on.

Well, that sucks!

bye

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Could it be that your package is sitting in your closest Post Office depot?

Canada Post took a long time to inspect my Nikon to Sony FE mount adapter and then it disappeared for a few months! Then all of a sudden, I received a letter from my neighbourhood Post Office depot that I have an unclaimed item. I went to the Post Office depot which is about 3 blocks from my house and lo and behold my adapter was sitting there! The owner of the Post Office depot was great, because she actually mailed out reminders before she had to remove the items. Double check your local Canada Post depot (a drug store or a convenience store in your area). Your adapters and stuff could probably be sitting there unclaimed.

Btw.. Canada Post people never did leave a note on the door that they couldn't deliver. If the owner of the drugstore didn't send the reminder (that's up to her discretion and not mandated by Canada Post btw), then I would have gotten the refund from the vendors in China. But apparently, the owner told me that she was having so many problems with Canada Post that she started mailing the notices.

joma416

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
I've ordered things on and off from China on eBay for years. Usually cheaper items such as lens caps and adapters. The shipping is always an incredible crap shoot. Sometimes it would take a week to ten days and other times up to two months.

If it is something I would like more quickly I tend to order from Amazon for these things now.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Was it here that I read that if the item isn't listed as Amazon Prime then the chances are its not being shipped directly from North America... and many of the offshore shipping problems will probably come into play.

gingergirl

Mu-43 Regular
Selling my Olympus 75-300mm 4.8-6.7 II M.Zuiko Lens. $475 CA

Lens is in excellent condition and has hardly been used. Includes what came with it (lens, front cap, rear cap and packaging) plus extras that I bought for it including lens hood (LH-61E) and b+w UV filter. Price includes shipping and paypal fees.

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Canada Post reveals it is the reason for lengthy parcel delays from China: CTV News

Jon Hamilton, a spokesperson for the agency, says parcels mailed from China are a low priority since the country doesn’t pay anything in shipping costs because of international postal treaties. “We certainly don’t make money on these items, but we are members of the UPU and support the access it gives Canadians,” Hamilton said. If you want your packages sooner, you can pay extra for shipping.

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S

A little off topic here
BUT....
How Dumb are these people ? Weekly you read in the paper or hear in the news or media . " Couple overdose on fentanyl "
and the next day people eat up more pills
What am I missing here ??

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
A little off topic here
BUT....
How Dumb are these people ? Weekly you read in the paper or hear in the news or media . " Couple overdose on fentanyl "
and the next day people eat up more pills
What am I missing here ??
Addiction. If you're addicted to any of the opiates, you'll take the risk and use the drug you can obtain. It's similar with hard core smokers; they know smoking has a 1-in-2 chance of being their cause of death but they can't kick the habit.

Latest threads

Top Bottom