Daylight Saving Time (USA) is over, so reset your camera clocks

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
I never adjust camera based on daylight savings time, just keep it on the real time, because that is what determines the light, and light is a large part of what photography is about too. Keeping the time consistent is also less confusing, and awareness is another important aspect of photography. Adjusting other clocks might be helpful, but for the camera it might be less than helpful.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have two pet peeves: one is daylight savings time and the other is the imperial weights and measures system. It’s beyond me why we have daylight savings time causing all the problems listed above. The fact that the US just can’t figure out how to switch over to the metric system is goofy. If drug dealers can figure out the metric system so can the rest of us! The only situation where I put my foot down is when I need to walk into a proper Irish pub and order a pint. No liters or half liters for me! Over that, there just might be a fight! Cheers to all
Well I heard on the news day that the Senate has voted to go to daylight savings time permanently:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Which will kind of suck in the December/January months when that makes sunrise somewhere past 8am. For the people who work outside during the winter, mainly manual labor type jobs, it is going to be long dark mornings unless they shift the working hours to compensate.
It’s tough at that time of year, as I wouldn’t mind the later daylight, as that’s my best chance of getting out with the kids. If you stick with standard time, you deal with 5AM sunrises in the summer. Wouldn’t a 30 minute shift be ideal? Wouldn’t that screw things up entirely though! Time zone location matters, too. If you are in the western part of the time zone, you wait even longer for sunrise.

Latest threads

Top Bottom