Cyber Monday mostly deal free

Mu-43 Legend
I'm not seeing anything on the cybermonday ads that move me. They just look like regular best sale prices you see randomly throughout the year, maybe 4X a year, and used gear is still a better buy IMO.

Has anyone seen anything that's pretty good? The Oly 20% discount off the refurb is the best I've seen.

Boy777

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Eugene
For myself, I found only GoPro Black with Bundle for $349 I think an awesome deal. It is still at BH inv number GOH8BB. But not m43 related so...

billca

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm not seeing anything on the cybermonday ads that move me. They just look like regular best sale prices you see randomly throughout the year, maybe 4X a year, and used gear is still a better buy IMO.

Has anyone seen anything that's pretty good? The Oly 20% discount off the refurb is the best I've seen.

IF you think the sales are bad in the US, try Canada. We don't even get access to Olympus refurbs.

cptobvious

Mu-43 Veteran
For me the only interesting MFT deals were from Panasonic (G9 and GX85).

I was ready to splurge on an E-M1 II & 12-40 Pro this year if Olympus was going to compete with Panasonic on price, but it didn’t happen. Looks like they may even raise prices on Pro lenses next year.

joma416

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
I'm also in Canada and this has been the quietest Black Friday / Cyber Monday I've seen in terms of camera deals. I'm not necessarily complaining because I don't really need anything, but it seems like getting or giving a camera for Christmas isn't a big thing anymore.

Real Name
Andrew L
I'm in-between M4/3 cameras right now, I have a second-hand Yi M1 but sold my GX85. I'd really hoped there would be a screaming deal on a 20MP sensor, but short of Samy's offering in-store deal on the G9 (9 hours drive away from me...) nothing stands out. A bummer (but my keeper of the purse is not as unhappy as I am!).

Mu-43 Legend
Not today but on Black Friday Keh had 15% off on everything and 30% off on accessories and tripods which seemed one of the better photography deals.

Now that you mention it, Keh did have pre-blackfriday discounts, and I got a small discount on a Takumar. Forgot about that (and it did push me to close the deal and not shop on eBay :)

MetilHed

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
No bargain 30 macros or 25/1.7 like last year. Well.. not yet!
1575327686235.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

https://www.getolympus.com/us/en/outlet/reconditioned-lenses.html

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
In the UK there were a few retailers selling the 30mm macro for 99 £... SRS even shipped within the EU (96£ +shipping). Unfortunately out of stock now. Not sure for wex, etc...

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not today but on Black Friday Keh had 15% off on everything and 30% off on accessories and tripods which seemed one of the better photography deals.
Yep, and I was looking for a b-camera video camera to use as backup to the G85, and I got a used Panasonic HC-V770 at $236.62. But for most of the stuff, it wasn't that interesting.

I was thinking about finally picking up the E-m5 mark III (not at a discount), but my salesman was out sick. So I'll probably pick it up later. I'll want it before April, but at the moment I can wait.

Yes, the deals didn't seem that great this year. I had about $2k worth of car repairs in November so couldn't take advantage of the Olympus refurb sale to pick up a 12-100 f4.

Latest threads

Top Bottom