Cameras too hard to operate?

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Most people got no idea how much of an elite group we really are... more highly evolved...
Oh definitely. After spending an entire day on it, with the help of two forums, several datasheets, some source code, and a spreadsheet I believe I've worked out how to use a camera and a flashlight at the same time. All I have to do is adopt another battery standard, order the right flashlight, remove the glue holding it together to take it apart, desolder some of the chips, put the flashlight back together again, and reconfigure the firmware. :yahoo:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think Samplitude (my DAW) has 1,000 pages in its manual. My Subaru came with a library of manuals. Photoshop and Vegas PRO entire courses and months of videos. Complex systems are not for the faint of heart. That being said I just picked up the G9, set the things I use and off to the races.

I like my phone camera. I like every camera I've ever met. People do learn in different ways but the real difference is a persons passion for learning and the willingness to put the effort in to use any tool for any endeavor - but most organisms stop at "good enough" while humans for some reason reach for perfection and that last 5% of reaching perfection costs in effort. Some are willing to go "the last measured mile" for perfection, others not so much:)

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Other than MF, that's what I did when I got my first good digital camera and the pictures were terrible. I had to start thinking about WB, DR, EC, gradation, blah, blah. To be honest, setting the camera on the full auto mode yielded better results until I started to figure out what I had to do differently because it wasn't film.
With film cameras and colour film I think many don't know what happened to their pictures that made them look great.

My pictures taken with colour film was always good looking, I didn't understand why and didn't even wonder until I spent a summer working in the photo lab where my aunt worked as a copyist.
It was a large commercial lab here in Sweden and all my pictures was always handled by my aunt. She manually adjusted every picture so they looked as good as possible.

The same thing happened in a smaller scale to all films that was processed, an experienced worker would take a look a the pictures from the film and make adjustments, not manually but at least correcting the pictures for WB and simpler things.

Now in the digital era we have to do the corrections ourself.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom