Back to Photography

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have two hobbies that are now one, I only do short term astro-photography (now have a M43 based ZWO294) with my scopes and have started to use my gear without looking for the next thing. I just spent 5 days and driving 1400 miles doing nothing more than shooting (using the Eshutter I shot at least 3 shots of each object) with my Gx85/75-300 and 9-18 Oly lenses for a total of 800 unique images (2400 total). Even my Edge 7-S got a serious workout with over 100 images on the trip. Imaging is a passion and has been so since the late 60's, I never dreamed I would have the capabilities I now have. My Gx85, Gx8, and G9 are amazing tools as are the lenses I use. And at 70 I am still imaging . I am lucky to live in an area where I can shoot landscape and wildlife on a daily basis if I want, and of course Macro's at anytime.

It took me 10 years not to get caught up in the "next best thing" equipment and to enjoy the equipment I have. The best advice I think I can give anyone, is yes you can look at equipment but explore to the maximum every tool you have to get the maximum out of this hobby. After decades of "raw" only, I've begun to shoot RAW/JPEG's (one reason is that you get a better preview out of Panasonic cameras if you do this) and sometimes (actually a high percentage) of images are "good enough" as JPEG for me.

The only way to become a photographer is to take images.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom