Anybody try the new-ish Viltrox Nikon to M43 focal reducer adapter?

Cagey75

Mu-43 Regular
Until the adapters go full on auto (focus-apture) I'll stick with native Mu-43 glass

They do, but only for Canon EF glass. It's not possible for Nikon lenses afaik. A FL like this is better used with old/vintage Nikon lenses IMO, where you would have been manual focusing only anyway. What this focal reducer does is basically transforms your M43 sensor into a little wider than an APSC one, and gives a full stop of light gain at any given aperture [F4 becomes 2.8 etc]

HaHa

Mu-43 Regular
I have the Viltrox 0.71x adapter. I had to turn the reducing optics several turns before the Nikkors would focus at infinity. Other than this initial adjustment, I can not find any fault with the performance.

wedge

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Robert
I have the Viltrox 0.71x adapter. I had to turn the reducing optics several turns before the Nikkors would focus at infinity. Other than this initial adjustment, I can not find any fault with the performance.

How did you adjust the Viltrox? I can't find any youtube videos for the nf-m43 and I need to adjust it for my Nikkor-S 50mm.

HaHa

Mu-43 Regular
There is a small screw on the m43 side of the adapter that holds a lens (or group of lenses) that can be moved in and out by rotation.
DSC_0487.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0486.JPG

If your Nikkors have been properly adjusted/manufactured you should only need to do this once. Here it is mounted on my Nikkor-S 5 cm f/2.
DSC_0488.JPG

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
I've the reducer but the bulk of ff glass +reducer is more than I like. However..

The Viltrox NF-M1 autofocus adapter is tempting..
oopz never mind, not for screwdriver. Ah well.

Last edited:

thecypher

New to Mu-43
Hi, New to using vintage lenses on MFT body. Have a Lumix DC-G95 and have purchased a Viltrox NF-M43X speed booster. Two questions:

1. Has anybody had any luck connecting Nikon E Series 28mm F2.8 to the Viltrox adapter? Looks like a large black tab on the rear side of the lens is preventing the lens from locking into the adapter.
2. For E Series lenses with an aperture ring, do we use the aperture ring on the lens or the aperture ring on the adapter? If we need to use the ring on the lens, then what should the ring on the adapter be set to and vice versa?

Thanks
SJ

Latest threads

Top Bottom