Any Good 2019 Amazon Prime Day deals?

What's your point/purpose of this? Are you signing up to contribute to this site, or start mindless quibbling?

You are the one who said the Prime deals were "junk" and he was refuting that. Perhaps you should avoid the use of hyperbole as using such language does not contribute to this site and is what started the quibbling. If you didn't find the Amazon Prime deals interesting for you personally then express it then those terms (e.g., "I did not see anything of interest to me"), but everyone has different needs and clearly some people did find some deals. Don't be dismissive of the deals just because you didn't find anything of interest to you.

Real Name
Andrew L
You are the one who said the Prime deals were "junk" and he was refuting that. Perhaps you should avoid the use of hyperbole as using such language does not contribute to this site and is what started the quibbling. If you didn't find the Amazon Prime deals interesting for you personally then express it then those terms (e.g., "I did not see anything of interest to me"), but everyone has different needs and clearly some people did find some deals. Don't be dismissive of the deals just because you didn't find anything of interest to you.
I still can't believe we're talking about this, but note that, at the time at least, the user's only three posts were about Prime Day deals, and posting a confrontational "refutation" as one of three posts just seems like asking for conflict. This is still mindless. 90% of the deals over those two days were junk. I steered clear of it because I didn't need any junk. None of that invalidates anyone else. Out.

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
what were the deals on those three cameras? I don't recall seeing either of them on slickdeals

Apparently some people got them for incredibly cheap when bundled with a cheap lens because of a pricing error. Not sure if it's fair to put them in with the legitimate deals, but then arguing whether deals were good or junk is pretty pointless anyway.

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Apparently some people got them for incredibly cheap when bundled with a cheap lens because of a pricing error. Not sure if it's fair to put them in with the legitimate deals, but then arguing whether deals were good or junk is pretty pointless anyway.
I wasn't trying to argue about whether a deal was junk or not, I'm genuinely curious as to what these gh5s, a9 and 1d deals were just to see what I missed. Nothing more nothing less.

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
Amazon messed it up but still honored who bought it.

I'm not sure what the law is specifically, but I know retailers have to honor stuff like this. I've benefited from screw-ups like this a few times over the years.

I was asked to recently fix an issue for the company I work for where certain promo codes where being allowed to compound each other leading to substantial discounts. After 2 days of research and testing I determined it was a data entry bug. It was fixed in short order, but we still had to stand buy the purchases.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I'm not sure what the law is specifically, but I know retailers have to honor stuff like this. I've benefited from screw-ups like this a few times over the years.

I was asked to recently fix an issue for the company I work for where certain promo codes where being allowed to compound each other leading to substantial discounts. After 2 days of research and testing I determined it was a data entry bug. It was fixed in short order, but we still had to stand buy the purchases.

Here's how Amazon handled one of mine:

I purchased an item at a ridiculously low sale price. It was shipped. During shipping, the item was 'damaged' and returned. Amazon refunded my money and said I could simply reorder the item. Of course, the special pricing was gone and Amazon refused to honor the original. Giant, massive loophole. I hope these people get their deals. In this case it may be too wide-spread for a similar tactic.

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
Here's how Amazon handled one of mine:

I purchased an item at a ridiculously low sale price. It was shipped. During shipping, the item was 'damaged' and returned. Amazon refunded my money and said I could simply reorder the item. Of course, the special pricing was gone and Amazon refused to honor the original. Giant, massive loophole. I hope these people get their deals. In this case it may be too wide-spread for a similar tactic.

Did you actually purchase for Amazon, or from some 3rd party selling through Amazon?

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
To be honest I don't recall, however the courts have since ruled that Amazon is responsible for everything it sells, even when acting as a third-party broker. Having a store front whether cyber or brick and mortar comes with customer expectations.

Latest threads

Top Bottom