65mm fisheye

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
I was scrolling through the 4/3 lenses on Adorama and scrolled past a 65mm fisheye. I had to stop for a look as that seemed incredibly unique. Turns out it was a 6.5mm fisheye at less than scrolling through speed. It got me wondering what it would be like to have a 65mm fisheye though.

And to go with that lens they have a 2.5f1.2 lens. It's not really a 2.5, it's a 42.5 but in the title line they left off the 4. That would be another interesting lens though.

Last edited:

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
It got me wondering what it would be like to have a 65mm fisheye though.
Probably not very interesting as it'd be like having a 64 mm telephoto with a little bit of barrel distortion. Regardless of the projection chosen the diagonal angle of view on μ43 would be 19°, which corresponds to that of a well corrected a rectilinear 64.5 mm lens (Atkins).

And to go with that lens they have a 2.5 f/1.2 lens.
(Ultra)wide phone lenses commonly have focal lengths around 2.5 mm or shorter, though they're usually closer to f/2. Certain C mount CCTV lenses also approach this, though the fastest I can think offhand is f/1.6. If you were curious of the 153° angle of view which a 2.5 mm rectilinear lens would provide on μ43 I'd suggest reviewing the ultrawide threads here with an eye towards the how wide is wide enough discussions. To summarize succinctly, quite a few of us have found rectilinear becomes not the most useful projection somewhere in the vicinity of 7 mm / 100° and change over to techniques like stitching and selecting projections in Hugin.

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
I'm not interested in them per se, I just found it interesting, the first due to my mis-reading while quickly scrolling through and the second due to a typo error in their listing. Stuff like that gets me thinking for a bit.

stateit

New to Mu-43
I was scrolling through the 4/3 lenses on Adorama and scrolled past a 65mm fisheye. I had to stop for a look as that seemed incredibly unique. Turns out it was a 6.5mm fisheye at less than scrolling through speed. It got me wondering what it would be like to have a 65mm fisheye though.

And to go with that lens they have a 2.5f1.2 lens. It's not really a 2.5, it's a 42.5 but in the title line they left off the 4. That would be another interesting lens though.
A 65mm lens on an 8x10 view camera would be getting fishy...

Latest threads

Top Bottom